What is an SEO Specialist?
A Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist researches, analyzes, implements, and tracks changes in websites so they are optimized for search engines. The main goal of an SEO is to increase a website's organic traffic by improving page rankings within Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
For businesses that are looking to increase their online presence through organic strategies, they usually hire an expert to help optimize their websites for search engines. These professionals are called SEO specialists.
Being an SEO Specialist promises the right career and growth benefits for someone who wants to enter the digital marketing space. If you're interested in becoming an Search Engine Optimization Specialist in the Philippines, this post is for you!
We'll walk you through the potential earnings and career growth opportunities, and the preparations you'll need to seize the job.
SEO Specialist Job Description
The lucrative pay for an SEO professional is appealing, but with every high price comes with great responsibilities. Here are the roles and responsibilities for the role:
- Review client sites and develop strategies to increase quality organic traffic from search engines.
- Use tools and software for keyword research.
- Monitor metrics and KPIs daily
- Perform competitor analysis.
- Write SEO-friendly content
- Implement link-building strategies
- Researching and keeping up-to-date with the latest trends in the SEO industry
- Manage Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaigns
SEO Specialist Qualifications
You must also possess these SEO Specialist qualifications:
- One to three-year experience implementing SEO strategies.
- A bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, or information technology is a huge plus, although some companies don't require this.
- Knowledge of commonly-used SEO tools and software such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush, and Ahrefs. A background in Google tools, in particular, is a huge plus, according to 37% of job offers posted in 2021. While this percentage is lower than the previous years, we can't deny this skill's importance.
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies, such as inbound marketing and customer acquisition
- Knowledge of SEO and SEM practices and trends, such as ranking factors and algorithm updates
We offer the most comprehensive SEO training course in The Philippines that will equip you with all the digital marketing knowledge and skills you need.
SEO Specialist Skill Requirements
Aside from your solid background with SEO, these soft skills will help you impress your future employer and ace your responsibilities effortlessly:
Process-oriented and Good Organizational Skills
An SEO Specialist usually works with multiple tasks at once, so they must be good at creating, organizing, and optimizing processes.
Search Engine Optimization is about identifying problems and working on possible solutions to solve issues.
An SEO Specialist must be open-minded to work with other people and be willing to embrace new ideas.
Good Decision Maker
You'll need to make quick and smart decisions to keep up with the algorithm changes and achieve the desired results in the fastest way possible.
An SEO Specialist encounters plenty of situations where a campaign turns out to be ineffective. If this happens, you must always be ready to adjust your strategy.
Great Oral & Communication Skills
Writing content is a big part of being an SEO Specialist. Additionally, you need to communicate with colleagues, clients, and potential business partners (for link-building).
Interested In Becoming An SEO Specialist?
SEO Specialists enjoy fast career growth and satisfaction. If you are interested in becoming one, please check out the following resources:
- How To Become An SEO Specialist
- Are SEO Specialists Happy?
- Learn About The Average SEO Specialist Salary